View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Quote:
Have any of you been to Mayo? Did you have to take your own wheelchair? We are going to be crowded for space. I'm hoping they have some I can use. I can't walk very far any more. What do you know about the hotel/motels around the clinic?
Karen from the GS/CD board took her son to Mayo a couple of years ago, and I think she had some tips for motels, restaurants, and such...BUT...I haven't seen her since BT went down. I'll see if I can track her down for you.

Otherwise, if you really need some leads for lodging...my son's girlfriend is from the area (her Dad works at Mayo), and I'm sure I can get some hotel tips from her. I'm a big fan of sniffing out good motel rates online, but it will be important for you to know exactly where you will be in proximity to the clinic.

On second thought...nevermind. I bet you are going to the Mayo clinic in Arizona. I'm so used to the Mayo meaning Rochester, Minnesota...because that is the nearest to me.... that I forget there are others . Karen was from Oregon, but went to the clinic in Rochester.

Well, December is still a ways away, so I won't wish you the good luck yet, but I am really happy that you were able to get the appointment.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 09-07-2006 at 05:20 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote