Thread: Some Insight
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey FF..
I am so sorry to hear what your going through. I can totally relate, my boyfriend of about 6 months is on Year 3 of his PCS.. And not to discourage you, but we are still trying to get the medications right. Sadly, I think that if you husband doesn't surrender to the Medical world he will suffer with his symptoms possibly forever. The medications are definitely trial and error with each person. Some PCS sufferers can go through tons of meds before the find what owrks right for them, and sadly there is NO natural remedies for this.. Your husbands brain has had trama and there is no way to fix it.. He can only learn to cope iwth it. I can understand that some days you just want to slap him.. OH BELIEVE ME, I KNOW! LOL I have thos edays myself... but always try and remember that he can't help it. His brain has a mind of it's own now and sadly the outbursts, depression and anxiety and all apart of the PCS life... I would highly suggest getting your husband to sit down at these boards with you and talk to pelple together. . You said he doesn't like to take medications, and neither did my BF.. But, once they feel and see what those mediations can do for them they will usually come around. They definitely make life more tolerable for them and you! If you haven't already, i would seek the advice of a doctor other than a physical therapist. ANywa, I wish you the best of luck and I just joined these boards today, but I can see already that it will be a great support system for mea nd my BF....
Hugs,
Andrea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family First View Post
I have taken on the role of the person of support for my husband who suffered a strike to the head and subsequently was diagnosed with PCS. He has been out of work for five months and the symptoms don't seem to be getting any better. It's now making me question whether it's psychosomatic or not. I have looked up different options in order to help him cope with his dizziness and irritability which includes visiting his physical therapist that he has been seeing for his back.

I read some articles which state that it takes longer for a person who lives with chronic pain (his back) to recover from this but I am now starting to worry that he has convinced himself that this is going to take atl east a year if not more to totally heal.

My husband refuses to listen to my suggestions and it is frankly affecting the whole family (I have two daughters). I don't want to be unsupportive but a part of me wants to just slap him out of this funk and tell him to get it together!! There are times I can see that he is still not feeling well but he doesn't help himself when he is pushing himself and not listening to what his body is telling him to do. Now they want to put him on antidepressants for his mood swings but he isn't the type to take any sort of medication and I can't find any "natural" remedy that could help him. Is there anyone who had their PCS last more than six months without any progression in healing? I feel he is stuck in a hole unable to get himself out of it!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Chris&Andrea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Family First (10-15-2008)