View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hate to lump genders together, but I think the anger and lashing out comes from frustration. Instead of lashing out- I cried a lot.

It sounds like your b/f needs to find ways to channel his frustrations, especially if this is something he might be dealing with for a long time. I knew that I had to get my emotions in check- and part of that was by accepting what I had to live with. Some might think that this is just "giving in", but I believe in dealing with the cards we're dealt, no matter what they are. Fighting something you can't control does nothing but frustrate you.

I felt really sorry for my husband because there were days/weeks that I wanted nothing better than to sit in a dark room, alone with no noise. I was horribly affected by light, touch and noise in the beginning and it was really difficult for my husband to understand. If he touched me without warning, I'd jump through the ceiling practically. TG, I don't do that very much anymore.

Just because I'm a mom- I want to make sure that his angry outbursts are hurting you in any way. That's more than you bargained for, and if he's this far out, it's not going to stop unless he seeks help in channeling his anger.

Hugs,
Lori

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote