View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default seasonal changes and other challanges

I have been battling the pain with not only TOS but other injuries from a 2000 accident, and recovering also from a 1997 knee surgeries.

I find w/wo meds to contribute I am wasted. I am trying to work just 10 hours during the week and watch grandson, run kids to appointments and treatments, my own appointments and treatments....I cannot do it on 6 hours. Even with 8 I need a nap, a good several hour nap.

I nod off as soon as I get home and hit my recliner. Days I work I have to nap before I get in.
A few things I think are worse, the seasonal onset of less daylight. Less daytime, the days always seem to be cloudy, cold and rainy, I am zonked.

I have recently tried to tan once a week just to get the rays and warmth. My hot tub gets me loose and tired for sleep, but dreams, inability to stay asleep when I fall asleep are a few problems.

My thyroid too. I take synthroid, well the generic, I get vivd dreams with the medication, I still feel whiped. I could get the brand as I have script in my hand, but with the fomulary covering generics, It is pricy, too pricy for me.

That was my primary complaint to the doctor that he did the thyroid work up. It did not show on my regular blood work, but did show with the new testing he did.
My age too at nearly 52, extra pounds, I have cortizol issues and checking with further test to see why I have so many problems.

But, in your situation, I would ask if any medicaltions can contribute, take medications that make you sleepy at night instead of during the day, take a power nap, and go to bed earlier.

I just crawled out of bed from my nap, fee; like a truck hit me and the rain and all, wish I did not have work.
My home is still not near ready for a holiday meal!
No energy! Too much to face all to do, and only enough to get through a regualr day, let alone running.

Bless you for working, that hss to be exhausting in itself!
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote