View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi.

You said:

"I am also blessed with a wonderful wife and it looks like soon our grandchildren will be joining us...
my mother is healthy and she lives with us and she and I are in the best relationship in our lives...

I have awesome friends, friends physically and friends on the net...

I cannot ask for more in this life...and maybe, that's why I feel like I need to do something valuable, to give back, or to just do..."

What you have, well, words can't describe it. I have only Alan. Not much close connection to family, my son is gone from our lives. And my best friend of 46 years betrayed me.

But then I get up in the morning, (like I did this morning), I went to breakfast meeting up with some good friends, and we laugh, and then I went to get my flu shot AND I WALKED HOME FROM MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE.

5 Avenues by the way. Don' know how to explain how far this is, but IT'S A LONG LONG LONG WALK. I just looked at the beauty that was in nature and I enjoyed the walk. I'm just HAPPY I CAN WALK.

I've learned to stop and smell the roses and not sweat the stuff I can't change. It's really all any of us can do. We make choices. Some of us make bad ones and some of us make better ones.

I have learned the benefit of making good choices.

Now you indicate you want to give back.

Let me tell you something.

When you write the stuff that you write, WELL YOU GIVE BACK.

We all learn, and we all feel a bit better from that. At least I do.

I try and conserve electricity as much as I can. Turn off this when not in use, turn off that when not in use.

That's about all I CAN DO FROM MY END.

Just know that you DO make a difference.

And that's important.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (10-16-2008), Ivy2 (10-15-2008), PolarExpress (10-15-2008), soxmom (10-16-2008), Vonn07 (10-16-2008), who moi (10-15-2008)