View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Diana, they absolutely want you to give up - it's a numbers game.

I see you're in Norcal; so am I.

I didn't have to have anyone saying it was work-related PROVED in order to get an attorney; I did have one office decline to take the case (I think there may be issues with a statute of limitations, since the injury was in 2000, and I was looking for a lawyer in 2007).

Since I was having neuro symptoms, for my QME I requested a consult with a neurologist. He agreed there were potential issues, and advised the company to AT LEAST complete an MRI. The MRI showed significant issues from C2-C7 for me, including a BIG BONE SPUR pressing into the spinal cord.

Then my WC doc reassigned me to an ortho surgeon, and I went shopping for an attorney.

Happily, their ortho surgeon immediately assessed my issues as 90% work-related; I'm sure that helped persuade the lawyer to take the case.

Since then, I've seen another ortho surgeon, as well as a neurosurgeon. All agree that surgery is the only option.

So, 18 months after I retained the lawyer, I just got the approval for the surgery, using the neurosurgeon I prefer.

I'm sure court is still in my future, but it's the reason I got into the fight in the first place: IF I GO AWAY, I HAVE A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION. My ability to get healthcare coverage for ANYTHING related to RSIs, my neck, my spine, and my arms is now compromised for the REST OF MY LIFE.

So yes - it's worth fighting.

If you're in the SF Bay Area, PM me - my attorney has been terrific thus far, and I'm happy to refer him...

Good luck!

Sandi
sandi_k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-30-2009)