View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macophile View Post
Oh, I am against the packaged foods thing for the most part myself (the really bad preservatives give me migraines and so goes the MSG), however I do eat organic, all natural packaged foods that have none of that crap in it. And of course this means this kind of food is not a well known brand so the probability of the GI being on the internet is slim to none. Sigh. The price you pay for trying to eat healthy.
Oh, sorry, I didn't understand the organic packaged thing. That's a whole different ball of wax.

If I had a package of Organic anything (let's say chicken and broccoli for example), I'd just separate the ingredients and look each one up on the gycemic index).

That will give you a bit of an idea of what is going into your body.

So keep enjoying eating healthy. I know that when I see a plate of greens, and I add some colorful veggies to it with a splash of EVOO (as Rachel Ray says) which is Extra Virgin olive oil, well, I imagine all that good stuff, clorophyl, etc, vitamins, well I just picture it going through my body, letting my arteries flow clear and well, I guess I use imaging.

Works for me. Doesn't work for any of my friends who think I've lost my mind and they always have something negative to say.

But that's THEIR PROBLEM, isn't it??

We all have to make our own choices and try and stick to them.

I am extremely lucky that I don't get any food cravings. I have no idea why I DID have them for almost 50 years but I just don't any more.

Thank goodness for that. I believe I just got into the habit of eating sprouts, greens, protein, and whatever.

Took me years but my body finally got used to it. I think if I ate a steak and then had an ice cream sundae, I'd get violently ill.

My body, my stomach, well I don't think I could handle that stuff any more.

And burritos??? oh my god, I've never had one, I could only imagine what THAT would do to my stomach.

So you keep hunting for low glycemic foods.

You'll do fine.

take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote