View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sally,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way but I do feel you and your thoughts. I have thought many times about this.....I a TRYING to make adjustments very slowly as to how I am going to be able to cope when the time comes that I can no longer make it up a set of stairs or make it into and out of the house it is a VERY scary thought I agree. A good cry does help at the time but it doesn't solve any of the issues we have ahead of us....but it DOES help....

I deal with one day at a time now and try not to think about the depressing part of the future. Little by little I am making adjustments to keep myself independent. Thinking about my daily activiies and the "what if" is helping me to prepare for the future BUT I dont let the thoughts take over my WHOLE being, I stay positive most of the time and try and keep the future in part of my mind so as to make the adjustments.

Do you have an MS Society in your area that can help you with handicap ramps or moving the things you need to a better place than where they are now?

When the time comes, IF it ever DOES, you don't KNOW for sure.....somehow things WILL work out for the best for you.

Sorry you are going through this Sally. Try not to dwell on the bad parts, think GOOD things and good things will happen.....

I know this message may not have been so much help you are looking for but its all I have at the moment......

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
This is kind of a downer question but, something that is on my mind, lately. How much longer will I be able to live, in my home, on my own?

I have my Annual PCP appointment, in a couple of weeks and so, I decided to make the perilous trip to my garage to see if my Minivan/scooter was in good working order. I did it, but when I got back into the house, I cried..

The whole experience was sooooo scary. I didn't think I would make it down the three steep stairs to the garage, into and out of the Minivan and then back up the stairs, again. I made it, thanked God and sat down in my scooter and bawled..

I should have moved into a more handicap friendly home, long ago, but wanted to stay here. Now you know why I don't go out very often..

The good news is, the MV started right up.. I wish Docs would do home visits...I'd pay extra....I'd even cook his lunch..LOL.

My DD has promised she would not insist that, I go to a home, but what am I going to do? Are there any other answers for me and others, who life alone, with MS? Any Ideas that will keep me in my home, will be greatly appreciated.

Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (10-16-2008), barb02 (10-16-2008), Dejibo (10-19-2008), ewizabeth (10-16-2008), FranksAngel (10-19-2008), Jappy (10-16-2008), KarenMarie (10-20-2008), Kitty (10-16-2008), SallyC (10-16-2008), weegot5kiz (10-17-2008)