View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't have cable but rented his DVD. Ceaser Milan has a book out too. I saw his book in the store and looked it over. That is why I decided to rent his DVD.

I like how he uses that expression calm and assertive energy. Dogs do pick up on some basic cues, like our type of energy and the level it is at. (your dog knows when you are anxious.) Some people can use a tone of voice with their dogs that may be high-pitched and make the dog more hyper, I think.

I think dog training is great to learn because it simpilifies some concepts like discipline and leadership. Some people don't train their dogs properly, giving them too much affection. And, if you can't keep your dog under control you might not want to consider having kids. I mean, learn dog training first, to get somewhat of an idea what it will be like to be a parent. Of course being a parent is a lot harder, but if keeping a dog under control is a challenge then you will certainly need help with being a parent. (It's a tough job being a parent; take baby steps and start with a pet first.)

Ceasar makes it seem so instinctive and simple. I think his approach is great.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote