View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Injury related neuropathy - compression/stretch, need some help.

--Please take time to read.

Hey everyone I posted in this forum about the unfortunate incident of me stretching my penis (penis enlargement exercises found on the internet), and then causing numbness in my penis glans. The numbness has definitely gone away but I still feel some reduced sensation (it has been over a year now). Actually the left side of my glans feel a bit more temperature than the right side for instance. I know this sounds like an odd story but its as true as can be, and other people who have done these penis stretching practices have experienced this.

The thread was called, nerve damage in the most unlikely places.
Here is that thread I first posted: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread50665.html

I however am on here, because most of those people on those sites have limited knowledge on injuries with nerves. So I figured everyone here would know best. I realize the majority of neuropathy here deals with disease/auto immune related. This is one is without a doubt injury related however.

I've done tons of research. I must say I am getting improvement of sensation. I am just wondering if a I have a second degree injury, and not anything further. All I did was use my hands to hold onto my penis and pull, the penis is really resistant to pulling so I think the pressure of my grip over the nerve right behind the penis glans is what caused the damage. So I'd consider it more of a crush injury than a stretch, but you never know.

From what I've read as long as the epineurium is still intact recovery will be 100%, but will take much time (axonotmesis 2nd degree). However beyond 2nd degree, which as far as I can tell seems to be more from missile or blunt trauma types of injuries. The injury I suffered wasn't as I would call it 'severe'. I did not tear my penis, no blood, no bruises, nothing. However I did get numbness the next day I pulled on it.

I am hoping it is only 2nd degree injury known as axonotmesis. And not neurotmesis, which requires 'at least' the epineurium to be ruptured.

I'm just looking for answers, and I can't seem to find anymore than what I know already. I just fear I'll have reduced sensitivity forever, which would be horrible, just from a little experimentation.

This has been a very depressive, slow, yet patience gaining process. I appreciate any help.

I am currently taking about 1 gram of alcar arginate and 40mg's of methylcobalamin to help the nerves out (for a month). I just want to forget this incident and get 100% full recovery.

Will it heal to 100%? Do you think it was just 2nd degree nerve injury known as axonotmesis or worse (neurotmesis)? Do the small nerves that don't have myelins heal 100% as well? I really, really appreciate the help. I wish luck to all those with neuropathy of any kind, this is a very tough process.
acer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote