View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cheryl, I'm sorry about your cousin having RSD from your accident. Mine came the day following surgery 12 years ago and now have it full body. I wasn't diagnosed for 4-5 years so never had any blocks. I've had lots of myclonic jerks, spasms. electric jolts thru my body and brain, scarry. Now am on anti-seizure med. lyrica before that was on 3200 mg. of neurotin, before they would stop. I woke up one morning and stumbled into the wall and door and passed out. I was out over an hour. When I woke up was not able to get up, but able to crawl to get my husbands attention. Asked him to call 911 and he did. passed out again and medics thought I was dead, couldn't find a pulse. blood pressure was down to 40. The sympathetic nervous system causes the blood pressure to rise, so most of us are on high blood pressure meds, and the para sympathetic nervous system causes the blood pressure to fall, thus the passing out. I check mine dailey. Dr. says it's like to happen again, I have a friends with full body that has had it happen to her three times. Mine was 4 years ago. Was in icu for 4 days. lots of tests on the brain. Hope this isn't too discouraging, just straight talk. I'd mention this to your neurologist, before any procedures done. This is a wonderful forum to get answers to questions and lots of education about RSD and encouragement. Hope the best for your cousin. Is there a support group in your town or nearby. They are wonderful too. You can find out by the RSD. org and putting in your zip code. Most of us have slowness of finding words in speaking. RSD effects the Limbic part of brain that controls short term memory. depression is part of RSD, skin issues, circulation, excess in sweating, Ice is not recommended to use on our body. Cold weather bothers most of us, so we use socks and gloves. Hope the best for your cousin and you as obviously you care deeply for her. your friend, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote