View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

All's well with Dan! Nothing on ultra sound and CT scan! Not even a need for antibiotics!

Catina was about the same. It upsets me tho that somehow her family and/or staff at the nursing home doesn't think about things that would make her stay better.

She is tube fed and only thing she has had by mouth was water thickened to the consistency of honey because she is a choking risk for the last 3 weeks. Well, when I was there Wednes I ask the aide if she gets juice that is thickened she said no but she would check to see if that was possible. She brought in an apple juice that is pre thickened about the size of a snack size pudding and she gobbled that right down.

Now, will they remember to continue that? Will I be the only one that reminds them she can have it? I am not her caregiver but I will advocate for her whenever possible. Right now I try to go once a week but I'm hoping to up that to 2 times a week so I can see more of what is happening with her.

I wish I could somehow advocate more for her! For instance I think she is a perfect candidate for a baclofen pump because of her rigidity but I don't think her doctor will do it because she is on Medicaid.

Please keep her in your daily prayers.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (10-17-2008), hollym (10-17-2008), Twinkletoes (10-17-2008)