View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI nancy and sorry I took so long to get back to you ......... havent been able to type for a few days

meanwhile I am glad rachel sugested raw milk it was one of things I was going to suggest ! the price sounds steep but it is about the same here $3 a litre ( 4.5 litres are a gallon ) ......... which is why in the end we got our own goats ......... now we have a milk glut but arent allowed to sell raw milk without conforming to a million stupid conditions I would even give it away but havent found anyone close enough who wants it .......... pity you dont live here LOL

raw milk has enzymes which digest the milk and these are destroyed by heating ( pasturising ) and many believe that this is responsible for the epidemic of heart disease ...... without th ezymes milk just clogs up arteries ....... will try and return with the link later

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyM View Post

I drink 1-2 cups of kefir every day. I let it ferment for close to 24-48 hours. I try to catch it before it separates. I've been using Dom's site for instructions.
I have less than half this amount ( 250 ml is a cup ) so maybe you could cut down ad still get the benefit withour having so much dairy

Quote:
Another kefir question: Do more grains form? Or do the ones I have just keep getting bigger?
more grains form and the overall mass of stuff that looks like caulilower gets bigger

regards
koz
kozz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote