View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCherokee View Post
Sigh. I had my very professional letter all typed up, just waiting for me to fill in a blank about when I had scheduled my appointment. Well...no need to send this letter.

Not only will the neuro's office not call in even one month of Provigil for me, they will not even schedule an appointment for me. I have to be "re-referred" as a new patient before I can schedule an appointment.

My insurance plan administrator told me that she was surprised they had kept refilling my scripts without seeing me. Apparently there's a law that they must see a patient annually in order to keep prescribing meds? LOL I've been getting them for three years now! WTF!

Whew. Deep breaths. Gee, didn't the neuro tell me that stress was bad for MS?
Write the letter anyway. Add a paragraph explaining the past three years of getting the meds. Let them KNOW that you have been getting the meds and it would be appreciated if they could see you for a "visit" with a follow up as a "new patient" in order to get the rx filled NOW. Make it easy for everyone as you have MS, not them. You are the sick one...not them.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-17-2008), Gazelle (10-19-2008), GladysD (10-19-2008), Kitty (10-17-2008), MSCherokee (10-18-2008)