Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
After a narrow escape from Prostate Cancer ten years ago the Urologist put me on meds to lower my Testosterone. Grrrrrrrrrr. They kept me on them until my readings were off the chart.. at the bottom.

I now take shots every two weeks and my Testosterone levels are almost up to the low end of normal. My wife gives me the shots in the hip.

One man gives himself shots in the thigh (if I remember correctly), but regardless of how we do it, it is a poor substitute for the way we were born. I switched Urologists and they increased the amount of testosterone 50% immediately. My blood test said 232 when 241 is the low end of normal. Very frustrating.

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS --- TELL ALL YOUR MALE FRIENDS, HUSBANDS, LOVERS, WHATEVER, TO GET A BASELINE TESTOSTERONE TEST DONE TODAY, IF NOT SOONER. I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THAT PARTICULAR BLOOD TEST, BUT HAD MY UROLOGIST DONE IT BEFORE SHE "RAN MY LEVELS DOWN" (NINE YEARS AGO NOW) THE DOCTOR WOULD KNOW WHAT TO AIM FOR. MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR HIM. NOW. I WAS TYPE A TO THE MAX AND IT HAS RUINED MY QUALITY OF LIFE IN MANY AREAS -- NO ENERGY, NO DESIRE TO REPAIR THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE, ETC. SEX TOO. I AM LUCKY TO HAVE THE BEST WIFE GOD COULD HAVE FOUND FOR ME. DON'T JUST CLICK THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER...AT LEAST WRITE IT DOWN.
ty dllfo,

i also want to mention with low testosterone the resitance to pain is lowered too.

so ladies, your man may not be wimp where pain is concerned, it could be his testoerone levels are low.

it needs to a routine for men like it is for woman.
Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote