View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Curious, thank you for mentioning the lowered tolerance to pain. As you may have read elsewhere in the forums, I just detoxed off morphine... depending on who you believe, I may still be detoxing since I started July 18, 2008. Anyway, I had to get off the opiates due to
life threatening respiratory problems and signs of "Early Onset Dementia". My dad had Alzheimer's the last few years of his life and I don't want my wife to go through that with me.

Another article I read said people with red hair have been shown to have less tolerance to pain. Who knows? I was truly blessed in that I never liked any opiate and still don't. They are simply a tool to make life more bearable and nothing more to me, but my wife taught Substance Abuse classes in her school district for a few years, so she provided adult supervision for me. I was only on them a few years.

If you took a list of drugs that would cause ED and compare them to the 25 prescriptions I was on a few months ago, you would be amazed. I am fortunate that my recovery from the opiates and my ability to ... uh ... go back to a more normal marriage are coming along nicely. My wife deserves all the good things in life, she has stood by me during some really difficult times. Thanks again...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (10-17-2008)