View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spinal cord stimulator

Hi All, I am a middle-aged male who has had 3 surgeries on my lower back, the last on a fusion from L4-S-1. I have endured chronic pain since the fusion 7 years ago and have tried all sorts of therapies to try to deal with it. I have been on various opiate medications to help deal with the pain, but they have a bad impact on my short-term memory and my job requires a lot of thinking so this has not been a great solution. I was recently referred to a pain clinic where they recommend that I try a spinal cord stimulator (after having passed assessments that indicate that I am a good candidate). I am a little nervous about this because the fusion was supposed to help and ended up being a big ordeal. Consequently, I am very interested in learning about other peoples experiences with the Spinal Cord stimulator, both good and bad so that I can make an informed decision about whether to proceed. So please share your experiences on how well it worked for you, how difficult the procedure was for you and what you were and were not able to do after the procedure.
Louis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cassey310 (01-15-2010)