View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the replies! I was feeling like I'd hit a wall, and couldn't think of anything else to do. Now I'm starting to feel proactive again!

Yes...tried desitin on youngest, she cried that it hurt worse Pain wise, the analgesic in the antifungal cream I found seems to help the most, longest...but...well, I've been using it for well over a week.

No new activities, really. Youngest takes gym, but has for awhile. They were sharing a bath on and off until last night. (I was thinking it wasn't contagious, but, maybe it is.)

I hadn't thought about cleaning supplies! That wouldn't be an issue for youngest (4 yrs, no school yet) but I'll ask oldest if she remembers to line the lids at school (I try to have her use a liner in public restrooms, though don't make a big deal about it) That could explain it for her!

I *had changed the flushable wipes (was using Kandoo, switched to pampers in a prettier package) but stopped when this started for youngest...so about 3 weeks ago? She should be over that by now, if it were the cause. No other soap changes. I'm using the only corn free laundry detergent I can afford that I know of...please tell me its not that!!!

I have not gone to a dermatologist...In the area its in I just hadn't even thought of it! I'll have to see if I can get a referral.

I just don't know on the yeast. The dr says its not, but...I can't think of anything else. I'm just at a loss I figured the probiotics were the "no harm done" solution. I'll see if I can look around WF though for more options. Do you know if homeopathic remedies are safe in the under 10 group? And especially under 5? (dds are 4 and 8 respectively)

And thanks for the oregano tip...thats something I definately feel safe trying. I'll see if I have any to brew into tea, or at least pick some up ASAP Youngest seems to be in a coming and going phase, and oldest is dealing well...but I feel so bad for them, and then to have both with a similar issue in the same area...well, makes me think its got to be something more treatable than "wait it out". *sigh*
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote