Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

interesting thoughts there sir Moi

I am not sure where the research has led recently, but I know I had read also that perhaps it is not just the levels of dopamine that trigger the tics but that the dopamine receptors are hypersensitive in TS so that even a *tiny* change in dopamine levels can bring about an large response ie the increased tics

Lynnie, re your comment on genetics, I personally think it is more the genetic predisposition that is inherited and then that various internal and environmental triggers are what bring the symptoms out.
I am personally still not convinced that the "non genetic" TS exists...with all the evidence on PANDAS & PITANDS and even food allergies, photrosensitivity, pyroluria etc inducing TS-like symptoms, I think many people are mis-diagnosed with TS

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote