Thread: Not Sleeping
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeycbee View Post
You know, after 12 years of dealing with being Bipolar, mixed with Panic Disorder, and various other little mood disorder fragments, if you will, I wonder at this point what it would be like to be able to have a decent night of sleep. I have not slept in 5 days, my doctor has been racking her brain and prescribing med after med, or in conjunction with another type of med, to get me to sleep. Believe me, I've tried all the cognitive behavioral stuff, and more, and nothing seems to be working right now. I am new to the forum, but not new to the disease and I know that if I continue with sleepless nights, then the mania will soon be knocking on the front door. Tonight I'm to try ambien again, with trazedone, remeron and a healthy dose of klonopin. So I guess we'll see what happens. Wish me luck.
Well, last night I was not able to go to sleep until 4:30am, but was able to sleep for about 5 hours. Called my doctor and she added another 150 trazedone for tonight and for me to call her in the morning. During the day Im on Lithium, which for me is working very well. Im able to function, stay moderately stable and I don't have any horrid side effects. So tonight hopefully, the extra trazedone will help. My dr is wonderful, I do truly love her, she gave me her cell number so I can reach her day or night at any time and she always answers and helps me through. I've been on probably about 50 different med changes since March of this year, trying to find the right combination and dosage. Prior to this insomnia episode, I was sleeping beautifully on just 8mg of Klonopin and 15mg of remeron. There wasn't anything to trigger the insomnia, as my dr put it, my body chemistry gets "used to" meds rather quickly, therefore they just stop doing what they are supposed to do. I thank everyone for their support, its nice to have people who have been there, or are there and understand. I ended up sleeping on the sofa last night and woke up about 9:30 this morning to find my cat on my chest, and my husband on the floor next to me. I feel blessed to have this kind of support. Once again thanks to everyone for their suggestions, which I will ask my doctor about, and best wishes for everyone.