Thread: Lesions
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all ever so much for replying, I truly do appreciate it.

I will definitely see a Dermatologist if the Lesions do not heal - I just always automatically seem to assume that every symptom I got is from the RSD (I guess it's natural) however I have spoke to my PT's about the Lesions and they said that they have never seen Lesions in an RSD patient before however they do feel that the Lesions are from the RSD. I was told to keep an eye on them and if they get any worse, start to spread or don't heal etc I have to let them know straight away and they will try and get me some cream or something that may help.

One of the main concerns that my mom, the PT's and myself have is that I am going into hospital this coming Wednesday (the 22nd) for a Splint making and my leg manipulated under general anaesthetic. The thing that concerns us it that with me already having Lesions, the Splint could possibly rub them and make them worse or even more painful. Thankfully the Splint is removable so if I have any problems I can take it off straight away. My PT's explained that my skin breaks really easily (probably because of the RSD) and that we will need to keep an eye on things. I will let you all know how I get on in hospital on Wednesday ... I have to be at the hospital 8.30am English time (3.30am) and I am going into the Operating Room at 9.30am. Thankfully I will just be staying in for the day!

I'm sorry that so many of you also suffer from the Lesions, I know they are no fun

Love,
Alison