View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Loretta,

I hope this is an encouragement to other to try the scs. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but that is why they have a trial of a few days, to see if it does work. This new scs I'm getting is one that they are using for athletic types. My dr. said he didn't see any reason why I couldn't ride again, and that if I did fall, then it would have to be a horrible fall before it did much damage. This is the one they put in people who ski and snowboard. The insurance pays for everything. the first one I had put in (that is now coming out) was total, about 60,000. Of course, that isn't what my insurance paid. they paid the going rate which isn't that much. I would ask your dr. about getting the trial. In order to get the trial, most insurance co. want a psych exam. that is to make sure that you can live with a foreign unit inside you. It is very much like a pacemaker for the heart. I've gone from being in bed or a wheelchair, to being able to get around without anything. Now, of course, I still have some pain, but when the unit is working as it should, my pain goes from a 8-9 to a 2 or lower. I would never want to have to give this us. It is my life line. I have rsd from the waist down. it started in my left foot, and has spread upwards. Hopefully, it isn't going any further.

Hugs
Mary