View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flstsrider View Post
Hi everyone. I'm Guy, 66 yrs old and just had neck surgery, C4C5C6C7 ACDF. This because of constant neck & shoulder pain. Surgery supposedly successfull but have lost the ability to lift my left arm from the shoulder. Can bend up at elbow but difficult. have been told PT and 3-6 months. Anyone that can give me some hope. I'm afraid I've lost the use permanently and very depressed at the thought.
Hi Guy, I had cervical fusion involving C-3 thru T-1, my surgery was 2 years ago. I still go to PT. I can tell you that I am lifting my arms above my head. This was not always so. PT is important, and so are the home excercises that they give you to do. I too, am a new person to this forum. I'm Deb, in my mid 50's. I tell you this so that you don't have the mistaken notion that my body is somehow much younger, and therefore easier to heal. The process is long, hard, and at times very discouraging. I guess that's why I searched out a place of understanding. I by nature don't tell people my problems, and if someone asks me how I feel, I smile and say just fine. But the truth is this type of invasive surgery really does impact the remainder of our lives. I don't want to be to heavy here. You are looking for a place to see hope, I can do that by saying that I can lift my arms now, and I too could not, for about 9 months post surg. I hope that helps you.
blakitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote