View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks guys for all your prayers. I really do think my DH felt them and is in slightly better spirits.

He was in NY for a couple days at headquarters and he said everyone there was fantastic to him. Took him to lunch all wanted to meet with him while he was in.

HIs boss was also there but did not interact much with him and the one night where they had a big awards dinner his boss was just cold cold cold to him in front of everyone. It just confirms more that there is a conflict. But it did give him some confidence to kow how everyone at HQ really likes and appreciates him and thinks he does a good job.

It really made what Mrsd said even more clear...that this is specific to his boss and that if he wanted to fire him he would have but based on this bosses superiors everyone likes my DH and thinks he does a great job so I bet the boss can't fire him but sure is torturing him to get him to leave.

Then when my DH landed back home he read his emails and his company announced cost cutting that would involve personnel cuts most likely.

And we are betting if there is layoffs his boss will most defintely lay him off.

So we sat and talked and put together a plan of action together of things we can do, places he can send resumes to, how unemployment works, how to negotiate a severance, ways to cut costs and how long we could make it without his paycheck and still hang onto our house. (can somone create a forum for shoe and handbag shopping withdrawl? - see atleast I can laugh about it - your prayers have helped us )

Please keep him in your prayers. I even said one for his boss and asked God to help the man find compassion. Even if I did have the slingshot behind my back.

Tomorrow is resume day and we have identified atleast 3 places we can send it out and possibly one may be hiring in 2009 which is not that far away.

Thanks again
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (10-18-2008), DM (10-26-2008), FranksAngel (10-26-2008), Koala77 (10-19-2008), Twinkletoes (10-18-2008), weegot5kiz (10-26-2008), yeahbut (10-20-2008)