View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desinie View Post
I had tried LDN about 2 years ago for 3 months and I think I felt worse on it although I wasn't feeling too good when I started it. I'm also on Copaxone and have been the past 9 years. I was taking 3.0 mg. I don't remember right now what months I was taking LDN.

Anyhow, what the point of my post is that I'm thinking of trying again. I got a new script from my neuro when I was there on Wednesday. A friend told me that it can take 9 months to a year to notice the full effect of LDN. I also have an MRI of my full spine ordered finally (my first ever MRI of spine ). I get that done November 5th. I've been having pretty bad mid back pain for awhile. Those of you on LDN for a year or longer, how long was it before you really noticed LDN was helping your symptoms? Thanks in advance for replies. My thanks button isn't working still since I got a new laptop last month with Vista on it.
I got most of my improvement in symptoms almost immediately, but I started on 3.0mg. Many people start out at 1.5mg (you can ask the pharmacy to make it up this way ... 2 * 1.5mg instead of 1 * 3.0mg), as some have found their body adjusts better if they start out slower . . .

Yes, it can take 9 - 12 months to feel the full effects of LDN . . . and not everyone gets symptom management benefit either. Sometimes the symptom benefits are very hard to notice too . . . until you look back to the month or several months prior.

The GOAL of using LDN is to slow progression and reduce (even stop) relapses, and most everyone seems to benefit in this regard. I used to have relapses every 3 months, and I have had one in 3 1/2 yrs (due to an untreated infection). Infection and over-doing things (in a BIG way) can still cause relapses, even on LDN.

I think it helps to stay connected to people who are using LDN, when you are going to try it. There are "tricks of the trade" which can really help with adjusting to this med (like don't "up" it during Sept/Oct, or how to know if the dosage is right for you, or when to try to up it, etc.). I had a friend walk me through the first several months, and that really helped.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (10-19-2008), SallyC (10-18-2008), Tree55 (10-20-2008), Twinkletoes (10-18-2008)