View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh man where to begin.......
Let's see, as many of you recall Megan had her Make A Wish trip the end of May and needless to say we had a BLAST!!!! Megan loved the "It's a Small world ride and the Dumbo ride". She loved MGM, Universal, SeaWorld, and of course Give kids the World Village was just undescribable....It was truly a most awesome start to our summer......The summer has just flown by.....I can't believe that on July 19th was Megan's 1 yr anniversary for her spinal fusion surgery. I soooo missed not being able to share that most incredible milestone with you all. Megs is doing wonderfully!!!! It is truly amazing how wonderful that surgery has been for her. Friday she had her most recent round of botox in her arms, she got 8 injections. She loves being in her harness that is suspened from the ceiling and is standing very well in it virtually on her own!!!! She is sitting in chairs with no headrests and able to control her head all by herself. God is GREAT!!!!
Joshua is a junior in high school this year, and that makes a mother feel like her baby is really going to be gone soon. He will be 17 in November. He is heavy into football now and our 1st home game is Friday night.....Go TROJANS!!!!
Jacob is very excited, he is going to be going 3 days a week to a local Lutheran preschool. It will be Mon, Wed and Fri from 8:30 to 11:00....Although I know there will be tears (from mommy and Jacob), I know once he gets into he will love it!!! He starts that on Sept 6th, along with a little boy tumbling and trampoline class one night a week on Weds from 4:15-5:00.
Just staying busy with the start of school and all the activities that are upon us..
Scott is nervously awaiting what is going to happen jobwise. As some of you may recall, a year or so ago the BRAC commission realigned guard bases. The one he works at was one on the list. He has applied and passed the written test for another job with the State. He still has to pass the psych testing and physical agility. When he passes all the preliminary testing then he will have to go away for 10 weeks for a police training school. It is a MAJOR cut in pay. But he will keep his 20yrs he already has in at the state, keep our most wonderful insurance and have a job. We are pretty nervous about it all. We know it will the best for our future. Prayers if this is the path the Lord wants us to take that it won't be too rocky.
I know there is so much more I could go on and on about but I will stop for now and post more later.....
If you get a chance check out Megan's site and look up the journals for the story about our trip home from six flags. It is a hoot. Just way toooo long to write.
So glad to be back and hoping more of the gang will be here soon
Love to you all
Tracy
Wife to Scott for 19 yrs, mom to 3 Joshua 17, Megan 12 , with CP, non mobile, non verbal, CVI, seizure disorder (no meds, only few seizures here and there), etc....Most wonderful little angel ever put in our lives.....Jacob 4 yrs old

Tracy Sheppard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote