Thread: Cognition
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown

Hi Dave, good to have you here, and thanks for the info.

I don't have a severe cognition problem (yet) but I do have some serious memory issues, which for more than a year I complained to doctors about. They'd give me a brief standard test , like remembering a short list of things, which they would then ask me to recall 10 minutes later. Only thing was that kind of thing wasn't my problem. My problem was remembering the name of a coworker I'd worked with for 3 years, while I was face to face talking to them!

I think that's sort of the thing you're talking about here. No one really understands how your mind works or what your strengths are, so if there is a change, it isn't always obvious to others. (Am I close?)

The name and word memory is bad enough, cause I get corrected all the time when I use the wrong word--like call the chair a table. I know I just need to klearn to laugh about it, but it's hard to laugh when MS is doing weird things to your brain!

I think of all the little stuff I have to deal with from one day to the next, the stuff happening in my brain is absolutely the scariest!

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote