Thread: Not Sleeping
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My sleep patterns are not even patterns...O think it is mind over matter in one way...too much matter in the mind.
I try to create a mood, but often fight it.

On a good day, I know that the day is done. I accept what I did not do and plan for tomorrow instead of beating myself up. Mostly over house work and bill paying. I spend far too much time on the computer and sleeping in the day time....I nap when I can.

But, when it is bed time, I know I ahve to shut off the TV, not get interested in movies, then the next one and the next one.
I have to let go of thoughts of being vaunerable when I am sleeping. I can;t protect myself or my family.....will I wake up, have bad dreams.....

so to get the best shot, I take something for the pain, if it is Advil, valium for spasms, biofreeze rollon rub. I mostly sleep in my recliner, so I like a soft under blanket. Pillow under my feet and legs. I rub some nice smelling lotion on my arms and hands. Maaling a sancuary of my sleeping area.

I sleep better when I know someone is awake. so I tend to stay awake until dh or ds get up....My Katie is like that. It comes from the threats, stalking and assult from my 50 yr old brother over the last four years.

Night time is a bad time to reflect on problems. there is nothing I can do about them. No one to talk to, no agencys to contact for information, it is dark, eyes play tricks, noise can alarm...
And it Pi$$es me off as I was a cop working night shifts and fearless, I knew there were explanations to noises and shadows, not alarmed....

But, my best night sleep. after the hot tu. Oh my gosh, totally tired, warm to the bone, relaxed.

OH my new discovery. I was talking to Befuddled the other night, having a emotional day. We talked about tea. When I went out to make a cup I noticed that my last refill of BioFreeze had a sample what I thought was tea.
It was calm...I don;t know the rest. Actually it was a powder that fizzed, razzberry lemon flavor.

OMG, I thought the taste was Ok, but the effect was heavenly. I got comfortable covered up, rolled over adn out like a light!
I never fell asleep so well or long. I wish I had more and will ahve to search the Internet for it.

It really did work.
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-19-2008)