View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default this and that

If you didn't catch the movie Living Proof on lifetime channel tonight, it's on again tomorrow at 8 ET; 7 CT. I thought it showed an all around good example of the frustrations of bringing a drug to market - time span, trouble with funding and getting participants for trials, plus the personal anguish of both researcher and patients. It brought out the different perspectives that biotechs have [business first] and A+ for bringing to light the flaws and impossibly rigid requirements that doom trials to failure, and the need for patient advocates at the table, helping with trial design.

I attended a funeral of a next door neighbor and cousin today; i grew up with her two daughters - our grandfathers were brothers. Hadn't seen them since '84. As always at weddings and funerals, you see people you haven't seen for decades, and i discovered from his son that the neighbor just across the back alley from me was still living [now 85 and in a home] with parkinson's, and that he had been diagnosed at 35. he's had it for 50 years and none of us knew. he hid it for as long as he could, and by then my mother had passed away and our house was sold. I wonder if any other neighbors of mine had early onset.....

Steve, you can't help but love the northwest. I wish you a safe and wonderful; trip.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stevem53 (10-18-2008)