View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max19BC View Post
Steve,
You're going to have a great time on your trip, I've even checked the long range weather forecast for Seattle and they predict sunny days in the 60's during your stay. But bring a rain jacket just in case, this is the Pacific NW costal rain forest. I'm looking forward to meeting you, your posts are always honest, informative and caring.
My week has been a good one. I'm happy, enjoying life and still having fun. I'm pretty much settled down in my new place now. It's one level, close to everything and in quiet part of town. Living on my own wasn't easy at first, but I'm doing just fine now. My daughter and grandkids lives 4 blocks away, so I see them quite often.

Ohhh..Now I know who you are Max!..I didnt reailze that you were posting here..Yes, I am looking foward to meeting you too, and seeing Rosebud again!!..It will definately be fun, and I am sure will go down in my book of fondest memories

I mentioned I was overcome with excitement..I went to bed at 1:00 am, and it is 5:30 am EST as I write this..I usually get up at between 7:00 and 8:00, but I am up at 5:00 this morning..I went to sleep thinking about this trip, and it was my first thought when I woke up this morning, and I couldnt get back to sleep, so I will start my day early, and take a couple of naps later on..Maybe I will go clamming when the sun comes up..That will knock me out when I get in....It has been like this all week, as the time draws closer

Quote:
Told my ex-wife (she left me over a year ago) last week, that I'm seeing someone now, I'm quite happy and she also has pd. Her response was: "Why do you want to do that?" I was actually quite taken back by that response, but I shouldn't be surprised. She always had a harder time dealing with my PD than I did. Life goes on, it's her baggage not mine.

Enjoy Life,
Max

To that I would say, "Why wouldnt you want to do that?"..Up untill Laura and I began entertaining the thought of getting together, I had about given up on the idea of relationships..I figured, who would want a 55 year old guy with pd on SSDI?..I was afraid that if I did, that someone would find themself in disillusionment when the rose colored glasses came off so to speak, and I decided that I would not put myself through that kind of disappointment..Ive worked hard, as many of us parkies have, to be at peace with the fact that I/we have pd..Ive seen and read about too many parkies who got dumped by their spouses because they cant deal with their pd, and I wasnt willing to put all of my chips in the middle of the table, and roll the dice on the possibility that someone might dump me down the road because I have pd..I was not going to allow the final act of my existence to go down that way, by someone putting me out on the curb with the trash, because they cant deal with reality..There are however those who can, and God Bless those special folks who remain loyal..Alot of people look at us, and all they can see is the "disease"..We are not a disease..We are more than a disease, alot more!..Everything about us, and inside of our being, is very much alive..maybe even moreso that some who are not afflicted with our fate..We still have needs, and desires just like anyone else does..I still have dreams, and hopes that are in need of fulfilllment, like we all do..I had denied myself the right to dream my wildest dream..I had allowed my disease to rob me of my pursuit of happiness, that is..up untill now..Now that I have found someone, (or maybe she found me, actually I think we found each other)..else who has pd, who has a mutual understanding of what living the life we live with pd is all about, who has grown personally and spiritually through the adversity of lifes ups and downs, someone who is as real as real gets, someone who like myself who has had enough of the games people play, someone who is a whole lot more than any long list of qualities I could possibly write, I am more than willing to put all my chips in the middle of the table, and go for it..I like to quote Morgan Freeman..Its a simple decision to either.."Git busy livin', or git busy dyin'"..The choice is mine

Best of luck to you Max!!..And God willing I will see you soon