View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Treatment questions for Bipolar disorder

I have been recently diagnosed with level on of Bipolar disorder. My question is that do ALL people with bipolar disorder HAVE to get medication? I mean I have been down the medications route when I was diagnosed with depression. And I have to tell you that it is just more painful looking for the right medication, than not being on them at all. Of course I have my behavioral issues like getting angry and saying something cruel, I have worked on that and I am getting better at not being so mean. I have stopped cussing because it feeds into my anger and I feel better. To avoid depression I have actually avoided all sad movies, songs, news, and other things that might make me sad possibly.

Ok the point is I really am afraid of giving medication another chance because I have had an allergic reaction to zoloft, and I hate going through those 5 hour tremors I get when ever I try out a medications. I no longer have tummy issues at the moment. I do not want the medicine giving tummy issues like the last time.
I guess I just wish I was normal.