View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pam, Welcome to this wonderful group of RSD friends. We are all in the same boat, so I have found a lot of compassion and education. Dental work scares me to death, the last time I went for the first time I had the gas mask. I don't know if that's on the list of things not to use. My best friend is a counselor for a A&D facility. Her husband is a recovering alcoholic and also in the medical field. My friend is pro compounding pharmacy.
I know my last visit to Dr. we discussed a compounding cream for my burning. Could you talk to your RSD Dr. about putting together a compounding paste for your gums-maybe a compounding pharmacist talk to first and then talk to your Dr. I am on several meds including vicodin. There are several meds that help with nerve pain, and I don't think they are on the list you wouldn't want to take. Antii-depressants help with nerve pain. I'm on antii-seizure drug, lyrica and I believe that helps with nerve pain as well. I used to have lots of nerve jolts, electric jolts , spasms. myoclonic jerks.
I've read on this forum or maybe another forum, dental work can start the beginning of RSD in the mouth. My dentist read up on RSD. I do take antibiocs before and after dental procedures. I think there is some other information on dental procedures on rsd.rx.com puzzles There was a Dr. in Florida that put up the web site- it's possible he is retired now. I'm no sure.
21 years WOW good for you. It must be difficult dealing with the pain. I've had it for 12 years full body now the last few years. How did you get RSD? and where? Mine began the day after surgery in left arm, then frozen shoulder and therapy for at least a year. Then moved over to the other shoulder and more therapy & so on.
I'll talk to my girlfriend, we talk on phone a lot and they are coming to visit in May. If she, hubby, or her pharmacist have any ideas, you could ask your Dr. about them. Her husband has done so much research on RSD.
Wish you the best and I'll let you know on this post what I find out. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote