View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Whew! A Near-Tragedy

3 days ago I got a surprise visit from my son's former gal friend. I haven't seen Sarah for about 4 years, but still love her! When we get together we laugh a LOT.

Sarah, her brother, his wife and 7 children were traveling to Capitol Reef, about 2 hours from here. (Her DH had to work).

For pictures of this beautiful Utah park, click:

http://search.live.com/images/result...ures&form=IDRE

Anyway, they stopped here and the kids played in my crunchy autumn leaves for about 30 minutes, had their potty break, then journeyed onward in their incredibly ugly 1966 converted bus.

Yesterday she phoned on her way home and scared me half to death.

The brakes had become increasingly unresponsive. I don't understand air brakes, but she was having to use the gears to get slowed down once they arrived at their destination. She called her DH and he didn't immediately offer to drive the 4 hours to assist (her brother knows nothing about under-the-hood stuff).

Then she called DH back when the thing wouldn't even start and she discovered the wire to the spark plug was totally fried. (350 Chevy engine) AAA could/would not pick them up because there were 10 of them to transport.

So her husband finally agreed to make the trip to help. When he rolled out from underneath the bus, he was absolutely pale. Both hoses that connect to the air brakes had come unclamped. She had NO brakes whatsoever!

Sarah said the angels must have worked overtime to save her from herself, because she would have continued to drive if the bus would have started up! Sheesh!!!

I'm posting here to give thanks that she and her family weren't discovered at the bottom of some ravine. So very thankful to our Father in Heaven for protecting them.
Attached Thumbnails
Whew! A Near-Tragedy-dscf1662-jpg   Whew! A Near-Tragedy-dscf1663-jpg   Whew! A Near-Tragedy-dscf1668-jpg  

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (10-20-2008), FeelinGoofy (10-19-2008), Kitty (10-20-2008), weegot5kiz (10-20-2008), who moi (10-22-2008), yeahbut (10-20-2008)