View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Sexual Dysfunction -

My Gyno described the painful intercorse as there is a rubberband type muscle in the vag area deep inside. When it gets tight from either not enough hormones or stress or lack of bodily fluids (in my case)--during intercourse it causes the painful feeling. He prescribed a hormonal cream Prem Vag Cream until the muscle stretched again and intercourse was not painful. It worked! I still have to use it once in a while but things are much better. I had tried all kinds of creams and ointments and nothing was helping. My husband thought I just didn't want to have intercourse with him, even when I tried to explain how painful it was for me. I went to numerous doctors until finally found one who knew what he was talking about. I have Sjogren's Syndrome which is an automimmune disease and causes the mucus membranes to dry up which I take medication for now and Fibromyalgia and both were interfering with my love life...now it's just my bad days. I hope this helps those who are having this type of problem.
beenthere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote