View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help anxiety vs pain

I know what you are talking about. A person can have a low level of anxiety and function perfectly normal...but when the anxiety gets higher so does your BP and the pain that you are feeling along with eye flitches and pins and needles in your extremities. I had the worse anxiety attack I've had ever a week ago. I had to have my daughter take me to the ER. I was in tears balling my head off, I was mad, I was sad, I had all the emotions come at me all at one time and I didn't know how to deal with them...they turned into the worse moment I can imagine. My BP was 160 over 120. They put me on Ativan and after a while with a nurse talking to me and explaining things my BP dropped and so did the stinging pain in my extremities. I still had the other pains in my body the ones I live with every day but the sharp stinging pains around my eyes, head, hands, and feet all went away. Anxiety can really get painful if you let it go on with control. It can cause a feeling of having a heart attack too! Have you tried going to a chiropractor for your back pain? They have numerous things they can do for you, like ion heat, tens units to get blood to flow in the area that is weakened to heal, and they can provide you with medical fixtures to wear to help the healing processes. Just an idea. I hope all goes well with your appointment and don't "worry" so much.
beenthere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote