Thread: Lipitor
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SherylJ..

In my opinion, a person should not even take a statin, unless they absolutely CANNOT control their lipid numbers by diet and excercise. That would mean that their high numbers are probably from a genetic component, and unless they are REALLY bad, still steer clear of statins.
Our legs get weak from sitting more than standing and walking during our waking hours, a half an hour on my feet usually puts me in bed, and after I get up ,it's like learning to walk all over again with the ensuing pain, until I get medicated and can stand for awhile without falling. In the meantime , i know to sit down untill I "get my bearings". There are many things that make walking worse to the advanced PWP, if you feel it is the statins, then you are probably right no matter what any doctor says.
Unfortunately, one of the only "pleasurable" things we get to do in our pent up parkie life is eat; but you don't want to eat yourself to death from a heart attack either, so munch those non-salted foods; and learn to love the carrot and the celery edibles. You've only got two choices, so choose wisely.cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote