View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistiis View Post
Good advice...a couple of second opinions would not hurt. Let the docs show you the MRI, and explain to you what they are looking at, so you can see it yourself. Our bodies react differently to pain. Some people may be in a great deal of pain while others are not. You really don't want to mess around with spinal cord compression. I, too, have seen people lose function because they waited too long, or rather, their docs did. Hang in there.

What is the difference between a neurosurgeon, specializing in the spine, and a spinal orthopaedic surgeon?
I have now seen Dr. Ron Rich of Bay Neurosurgical Group ("fusion, now-Artifical discs are a bunch of junk"), Dr. Patrick Hsieh of USC Neurology ("If it was my neck, I'd be looking for a surgeon to do fusion-fusion is the Gold Standard") Dr. Avrom Gart, Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders (I've seen worse, no need to operate-but if you do, not fusion, you're too young) and Dr. Justin Paquette, also of Cedars (I'm not going to lie to you--you need surgery-but I would suggest Artificial Disc replacement, not fusion).
Loulou_in_LA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-24-2008)