Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Elissabetta and thank you, I am so sorry for your friend. Sometimes when we think things are so bad for us it takes another's tragedy to put things in perspective. You are a good friend

Idealist, my sympathies to you and your friend's family. It really is a hard thing to wrap our minds around. For me I guess it is more a feeling of what horrible things were going through the heads of those that take their lives. Such misery. It makes me often feel so ineffectual and often I wonder how it is that we didn't notice or what did we miss.

I try to think of it as their purpose here is over. That is what gets me through. Especially with my FIL. He was devastated when his mother died when he was young and started drinking then and just got worse, often breaking down into tears lamenting her passing, then his father passed about six years ago. For me his passing was almost a blessing, he got to be with his parents and was no longer in pain, physically or mentally. I will miss him, he was a sweet guy.

As for the others, there was a lot of depression and drug abuse and we all know the two do not go well together even though you rarely find the latter without the former.

Thank you all for your kindness and for those who have lost, my sympathies.

houghchrst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-21-2008)