View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First, please know I am not a doctor so don't take everything I say as gospel. I am replying as some-one with a little knowledge, and I ask you to please consult your own doctor if you need any further information.

As far as your EKG goes, all the bumps on a recording are given letters of the alphabet to differentiate them from each other, and abnormalities in any of them have different meanings.

If it's the T wave pointing down instead of up, and I think it probably is that one as it's the most usual one to change direction, there's a chance that you may have had some angina at some stage. Do you remember ever having chest, jaw or left arm pain? Sometimes ischaemic changes don't cause pain so you may not even be aware that it occurred.

The change in direction of the T wave is often an indication of ischaemia at some time. There's no need to be concerned if you're not having any heart symptoms, but any good doctor would order those tests for you to rule out anything serious.

I wish you well, and do try not to worry. Your doctor is doing the right thing by ordering these tests.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GTBC0906 (10-20-2008)