View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This ships sinking

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if I should be posting this here or in the Care givers forum but I figured there would be people here that know more on this subject than the Care givers. It's my husband. I don't know what to do with him anymore. He has advanced type II. Has had it about 20 years now, although he lies to new Dr's and tells them just 5 years. They have to know he's lying because of his symptoms. He has neuropathy, retinopathy, cateraks, kidney failure, and I think he's in congestive heart failure as evidenced by the edema and difficulty breathing. He had lost a lot of weight about 10 yrs ago and kept it off for some time. But since he became legally blind and had to go on disability a few years ago, all he does is sit around. Worse now there is something wrong with his mind I think. We noticed he was becoming more forgetful earlier this year, and now he seems unreasonably combatative. He tends to lecture people, and when he tries to make a statement or establish a rational for something, by the time he's done nothing he has said makes any sense (to anybody but himself that is). I'm at my wits end. Oh, and I should mention that I'm not living with him right now either because I'm taking care of his elderly and dying Mother and he refuses to live with her. (she's quite difficult herself) Sooooo, my dear friends, any thoughts?