View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ankylosing Spondylitis has been brought up by my neurologist, family doctor, and opthamologist. I believe that they all mentioned AS because I was having lower back pains and was having problems getting out of bed in the morning-real stiff. I am 28 years old and AS seems to present itself with younger people. Also, the opthamologist mentioned it because I had iritis which is often associated with certain diseases-one of which is AS. I have been dealing with these issues for two months now, and I am starting to get really FRUSTRATED. My family doctor didn't really stress, even though I asked, whether or not the bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and lateral recess narrowing, could cause this type of pain(back, arm, neck, leg pain). The facial pain and headaches were HORRIBLE-not as bad now with the indomethacin. I have an appointment to see my neurologist on 11/27, but I have two-three doctors appointments a week since the facial/pain headaches have started. I have not been able to work, and I can tell that my family doctor is ready to send me to work soon. I would love to return to work, but I am in such pain some days that I don't know how I will make it through an entire work day. My family doctor even mentioned whether I was starting to feel "down" and whether I think I'm in more pain than I am. I know this can happen to people, but I love life, and I am still in good spirits despite the frustration of a lack of diagnosis.
Hilary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote