View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Melody if you look at veggies nutrient facts there is a sugar content like Mrs D said. Some veggies like carrots for example have more but even if you look at a cup of brocolli it has 2 grams of sugar. I am not sure about the tomatoes but I thought they were a superfood for something but that does not mean it doesn't have what you are talking about. Dr Oz always talks about the benefits of tomatoes.
Hi Daniella:

I don't go NEAR carrots. They are full of sugar.

I had read that tomatoes are in the nightshade family so that they are inflammatory. And come to think of it, I stopped tomatoes 2 weeks ago, and just now I tore through my whole house with my Shark Steam Mop, and usually in October, I'm as crippled as a pretzel.

So, I'm going to keep testing this tomato theory of mine. Until the weather stabilizes and it's either cold or hot (which it won't be until next July), I'm going to steer clear of any nightshade family veggies.

I'm okay when it goes from cold to hot. I am NO OKAY when it goes from warm to freezing.

Like it's been doing for the past week in NYC. You get up in the a.m. and it's 40 or so. I have to put on my winter coat to go out in the a.m. when I come out of my breakfast cafe, I have to hold my coat in my hands. This is after about 90 minutes. That's how nutty the weather is.

And last night the humidity was 54 in NYC. I was fine. No neuropathy, no nothing. but when the humidity is 90, I'm a cooked goose. The barometer affects me in a total way.

They asked this question at the Neuropathy Support Group two months ago.

"What greatly affects you Neuropathy?" and I was the first one to shoot up my arm and I said "I LOVE HEAT!!! I COULD LIVE IN THE SAHARA DESERT".

Absolutely every one else there at the meeting looked at me (including Alan) and said "oh, no, we love the cold".

Isn't that remarkable. Let it be 100 degrees outside and I could go walking. But god forbid it's COLD!!! I'm good for nothing.

Right now, (and it was 40 degrees this morning, and I wore my winter coat), right now it's warm outside. I just went to my front door (holding my Steam Mop) and the mailman was putting mail in my mailbox. I exclaimed "oh my god, it's actually warm right now?" and he laughed and said "extremely".

I can't wait to go out and sit on the porch with my friends.

God only knows, in 5 hours, I will have to put my winter coat on again.

Talk about global warming!!!!!! jeez

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote