View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Symptoms returned after taking Bactrim/having a cold

I suffered a concussion in late July. I'd woken up the morning after with a low-grade headache and a feeling of my eyes not working together correctly. Over the next two weeks, this began to dissipate; by late August it was very infrequent, and by late September I hadn't noticed it happening at all.

Recently I had an infection for which I took Bactrim, and a subsequent unrelated cold. Dizziness can be one of the side effects of Bactrim, so I took the dizziness I was feeling to be something that would quickly pass once I stopped the medicine. However, I stopped the medicine last week and my dizziness is as bad as it was right after the concussion. No headache, though. I also feel very mentally foggy/stoned, though I'm recovering from a cold or sinus infection and that could be a large part of it.

Has anyone experienced the return of symptoms when taking either Bactrim or having a cold/sinus issues? Are they here to stay now or should this go away again as my body recovers?

I also take Skelaxin for an unrelated issue, but generally have no side effects from that.

I work as a programmer, and it's hard to both read code and maintain mental concentration at the moment. Very frustrating.
incircles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote