View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey LisaM, they just have this horrible aching pain that just won't stop. I take methadone for the RSD and it helps, but it just helps the RSD. My Dr that I used for years, just quit a month ago, he couldn't understand why the methadone didn't help with my headaches, etc. but it doesn't phase anything else, but it does help my RSD pain.. It is really weird. I have a very high tolerance to any type of medication, so it's hard to find anything to work on me, but this pain in my legs is just about to drive me crazy. Also for the past 5-6 years my hips really hurt at night. When I'm laying in bed or on the couch if I lay on my hips for any length of time I have severe burning pain. it started with just my left one but now it's both of them.

As for not sleeping, I had a hysterectommy when I was 23 and after that I developed insomnia. I used to get may 2 hours of sleep a night and some nights none at all, and then after several weeks of that I would slep all one day. Now I sleep maybe 3-4 hours a night, which is not good for the fibromyalgia, because my dr has told me I have to be in the 4th stage to heal my body, but if you can't get in the 4th stage, then what am i to do?

It is getting really old, and I'm to the point where I just don't get out near as much as I used to. My friends are all worried about me because when it was warm weather I was alwasy out and now when I get home from work, I put my pj's on and am in for the night. Any ideas?

(((HUGS)))
Janet
jcherry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote