View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain Mgmt and Neurologist

I am so frustrated. Will no one help us?? Can someone please explain to me why neurologist don't do pain mgmt?...

I am running out of tramadol so I called my neuro's office yesterday and requested a refill. The nurse called today and said that "since he is no longer treating me he didn't want to do the refill." I asked when it was decided he no longer treated me? Answer - since he refered you to Mayo. I reminded her that in my medical file there was a letter from Mayo declining to treat me. Then she stated "well he doesn't do pain mgmt."

I told the nurse that I really didn't want to go to pain mgmt just yet, that a pain mgmt doc would only give me pain meds and I wanted to stay with a neurologist because I thought a neuro doc would be aware of any new treatments and medications coming out where a pain mgmt doc might not. Am I asking to much??

The doc did agree to refill my tramadol but what now? I'll be running out of neurontin soon...are you guys having the same problem?

At the last appt. that I had with the neuro (10 wks back) he did say that he had run all the tests he knew to do and that he had nothing else to offer. I guess that was the send off...any suggestions?
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote