View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
and now when I get home from work, I put my pj's on and am in for the night.
Hey...that sounds like me Seriously, thats what I've been doing. I don't know where you live, and I don't know how long you've had rsd...this is my first FULL year with it (that I KNEW I had it anyway). I, too, have been feeling worse since it got cold. Many have. I mentioned it to my pain doc on my last visit last week...and she said that 75% of her patients ARE feeling worse cuz of the change in the weather. It's the barometer...when fall hits, and the weather is up and down, and can't make up it's mind whether it wants to be warm or cold, it's tough on the aches and pains.

In fact, this is a quote from weather.com:

Quote:
Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Syndrome (also called FMS) is a chronic condition of fatigue accompanied by pain and tenderness in muscles, tendons and other connective tissues. Fibromyalgia occurs mainly in women. Stress, activity level and weather are considered possible influences on the condition. A 1981 survey reported that more than 90% of fibromyalgia patients believed "cold and humid" weather, in particular, made them feel worse. Changes in barometric pressure may also affect those with FMS.
As for your legs...do you know what restless leg syndrome is, and how it feels? You said your legs have an "aching feeling that just won't stop" - and RLS is a feeling like you just HAVE to move your legs to get them to feel better. I personally want to beat them like crazy. If I walk around, it feels better. But if I sit or lay, they go NUTS. A gnawing, aching, terrible feeling. Is that how yours feel, or are they just achy and you DONT' hae the urge to move them?

Now...your fibro, if you go by the description above, has the symptoms of "pain and tenderness in muscles". Could that be the fibro that is making your legs hurt? and could the burning pain in yoru hips be the rsd?

What meds are you on? Some meds have a side effect of pain in the extremeties also. Also look at when you TAKE your meds. Could one of hte meds be affecting your sleep? Keeping you awake?

I take tylenol PM almost every night to help me sleep. My pain doc said it won't affect any of my meds. I didnt' tell her I take it almost every night, and I didn't tell her I take 2 instead of the 2 recommended on the bottle....but it's the only way I can sleep.

Also....my pain doc has me taking 750 mg's of magnesium before bed every night to help with the RLS and muscle spasms. Generally the rls IS helped with that (just not the past few days!) so you may want to add that.

What meds are you on besides the methadone and what is your schedule, hon?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote