View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yet another autoimmune disease

well, I have an additional disease.....after nearly 35 years of these symptoms, I finally put it together, thanks to reading up on MS, hashimoto's thyroid, and the (until now) undefined autoimmune disease that has caused me so much pain and grief all these years.

I have Behcet's disease. yep. there are five criteria. I have them all. No one put it together, but when I met me dr today because my eyes are infected and very painful, I told him my theory, and he gave me an A+ in research and diagnosis.

Of course, it doesn't mean much in reality, they treat it with steroids, etc. like the rest of these disorders, but I feel better knowing that it all means one thing.

In case there is interest, the criteria are:

mouth sores (similar to canker sores, but much much worse)
genital sores (look like herpes, but its not)
skin sores/lesions.....
uveitis (an eye thing...not good, could go blind)
vascular issues (I have what they said is aortic stenosis, but, its actually one of these "lesions", similar to the skin and genital sores)
and various gastro/colon problems.

So, I just thought I'd share. Really, its the learning about my MS and learning to be a better self-advocate that helped me explain it to the dr.

I'm off to the opthamologist now. My left eye is very swollen and very painful. The right is not as bad -- and I don't want it to get worse.

Happy Thanksgiving!
jnewk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote