Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMac View Post
Cherie,

Yes they gave me Benedryl after I had the reaction, then they took a blood sample, I don't know if the neuro is going to keep me on it or not...it was a very slight reaction but as you say it could be get worse with the next one.
So, your infusion center doesn't give out Benadryl to all patients before the treatment then?

Since you've already had a reaction, I think I'd be asking for it BEFORE the next time. Maybe that will be enough to ward off future reactions . . .

My concern is always escalating reactions to allergens, which seems to happen for me. I can be fine using something, even for a long time, but once I have that first reaction, the second one is usually worse. Of course I hope that is not the case for you, but like I said, please make sure they are watching over you well next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMac View Post
I am still numb from chest to waist and now BOTH my hands are numb.......I had an MRI of just the neck on Friday, now they think I may have a disc slipping back there...........i have HAD it with doctors, this is ridiculas.........unfortunately there are no other neuros for MS up here in this forsaken town........everybody sais do not give up well I feel as if the docs have no clue, after 3 months of treatment for TM related to MS, NOW they look into a slipping disc?

I am ALMOST right back to square one with numbness the only thing I don't have NOW that I had then is the pain and NOW both hands are numb, they weren't before..

I have HAD it.........

Thanks all for the replies, if anyone else can chime in I would apprecate it also, it seems like everybody HERE knows more than my doctors!!!

Thanks

Joe
When you say back to square one, and that you are numb from the chest to the waist . . . are you saying you are back to where you were three months ago? But no pain? How long have you been numb again? When did the hand numbness come on?

It is possible this is a disc problem TOO (I keep trying to convince my doc & neuro that that is all my problem is ), and I guess the reason I am hoping that is true for you is because you don't have the pain this time. That is a tell-tale TM symptom . . . but I know people who have had disc problems that don't get that same "hug" or swollen feeling pain like we do. They usually have like an ache that follows along the nerve, from the disc down the arm, etc.

I would sure be glad for you if this was a disc problem, because at least you can fix this (usually) with serious PT therapy. My ex had a disc problem and it took about 6 months of intense therapy (EVERY DAY for several hours), but he has very little problems from it now and a very strenuous job.

Didn't they see lesions in your C-spine?

You described a TM attack as well as anyone I've ever run across, so I really think that's what you had. It is possible that this is something different . . . but I'd like to hear more about what's been going on lately . . .

Cherie