View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well its update time again ... when i left he was finally dosing off ... they still are waking him regularly to check his breathing and his oxygen levels ... after last night ... they had better!!! i left the hospital around 9 last night and found out around 10:30 that they nearly coded him last night ... he got too hot ... iv kept going off (beeping loudly and irritating his nerves) ... exhausted and on steroids ... too hot ... so his body took over and decided to show the people at the hospital just how wrong they were ... he started coughing and couldn't stop ... oxygen levels dropped ... bp shot up ... alarms started sounding ... nurse was in the room and saw what was happening and as she is yanking everything off him she is hitting the code button for respiratory failure ... within seconds the little room he was in was packed with 10+ people all trying to help him ... medication goes in ... oxygen that he's breathing is increased to 100% and the respiratory guy is telling him to call down and breath ... then starts telling him that they are fixing to have to tube him if he can't get his breathing under control ... he kept coughing and finally coughed up a ton of junk out of his lungs (they think it was some kind of plug)... once that happened he started taking in air and slowly was able to calm down ... so they didn't have to tube him ... the kicker for last night was his room mate ... he shouts out when all of this was going on "can you keep it down i am trying to sleep here" to which frank promptly shot back between breaths "sorry ... i will try to die quieter next time " and the nurse pokes around the curtain and tells the guy to shut up that they were alittle busy with this emergency " i threw him a curve ball today when he came back to the room (he had surgery on his foot) ... told him i was glad he was ok and that i was praying for him ... not a lie but definitely not what he expected either ... he was polite to us the rest of the evening ... momma always said you can get more flys with honey rather than vinegar .... guess she was right

so thats been his time so far ... that and hes been stuck 20 times in the last 28 hours ... most for trying to get iv's going ... they would start one and it would blow immediately or 2-4 hours after it's started ... he looks like a pin cushion ...

i am hanging in there ... worried sick about him ... not sleeping well ... and working ... i just want my husband home ... that's for all the well wishes ... they mean alot to both of us ...

more to follow tomorrow

chicago,il
FranksAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (10-22-2008), Alffe (10-22-2008), CayoKay (10-22-2008), Darlene (10-22-2008), Doody (10-23-2008), ewizabeth (10-21-2008), FinLady (10-21-2008), Jomar (10-22-2008), SandyC (10-22-2008), weegot5kiz (10-23-2008), who moi (10-22-2008)