View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Alffe

Thanks Alffe for your response. The only thing is that I don't think they would consider him incompetent at this point. He is responsive and capable of making decisions and able to live independently. Just not making good decisions about his health. He thinks he's controlling his numbers, but on any given day I'll see readings from 50 up to 280. He is insulin dependant, tests regularly. Says he knows his body takes like 4 hrs to react after he injects. And since his Dr. told him his kidneys are failing, he hasn't gone back. It's been at least 6 months since he's been to see him. Dr. ordered more lab tests, but he wont go. He hasn't modified his diet except for limiting sweets. He eats way too much red meat and carbs but no fruits or dairy. And in no way does he stick to a schedule. He eats usually only twice a day, "when he is hungry", but weighs at least 300 lbs. He drinks occasionally but when he does-he gets drunk. Also, he has insomnia which probably affects his ability to think clearly. I can call his Dr. and tell on him, but can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do at this point.